1 min read
Welcome to our first blog on the topic of creating effective employee communications. In celebration of my newly released book, Effective HR Communication: A Framework for Communicating HR Programmes with IMPACT, Reward Gateway has decided to have the ‘Year of Communicating with IMPACT’. No, this isn’t the name of a Chinese new year celebration, but our way of sharing best practices and tips with the HR community on this important topic. So I hope you enjoy our blogs on communications topics to help you create communication campaigns and/or messages that are truly effective and deliver IMPACT.
To start things out, let me first answer the question - what are the key reasons for communications, what does communications do for your company? They are to:
- Reinforce your company culture and values - sharing your company’s ‘personality’ with your employees.
- Build employee trust - which has been proven to lead to increased commitment and engagement.
- Improve engagement - leading to employees who make better decisions, are more productive, and innovate more.
- Provide information and education - helping employees better understand what is important to them and/or the business.
- Deliver an ROI (return on investment) - contributing to the success of the company through financial and/or non-financial gains.
As you can see (and as you probably already know), communications has a big role to play in helping your company perform. The key is to get it right, doing it effectively and with IMPACT, as I say in the book. Please join us on our communications journey.